meet syed zafar, cpa
Syed U. Zafar, CPA, is a principal at Hakim & Zafar CPA and Advisory Services, and the Managing Principal of the Miami office.
Since 2000, Syed has been involved in all aspects of accounting services and accounting systems for closely-held businesses and individuals ranging in size from start-ups to $1 billion. He focuses on providing a diverse blend of financial analysis and tax planning services.
Syed’s expertise focuses on accounting and tax planning for professional service providers such as physicians, attorneys, architects, engineers, advertising, and public relations. His experience also includes working with physician practices, hotels, real estate developers and owners, both commercial and residential.
Syed also focuses on providing financial and tax planning advice to high net-worth individuals by helping them minimize taxes and build their net worth to transfer from one generation to another. Syed has extensive knowledge of accounting systems and helps his clients implement efficiencies using automation techniques.
Syed began his accounting career in the real estate industry focusing on financial reporting, taxation, and project management. In 2012 Syed decided to go into business on his own and started his Tax and Accounting practice in South Miami which has grown in to a partnership with a few others.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – member
- United Way of Miami-Dade – Big brother mentor
- Excellence in Accounting in Real Estate – 2007, 2006, Latin American Chamber of Commerce
- Saint Thomas University – Master of Accounting (Specification in Taxation)
- Florida International University – Double Bachelors in Accounting and Finance